9/14/08

WHAT AM I THINKING ?

I am the type of mom who encourages my kids to explore their interest. Well my 13 year old has ALWAYS been a fan of reptiles. He's had all kinds of reptiles and knows almost every species and can name them from sight. I really don't mind and even the snakes don't bother me anymore. He never puts them in our space and keeps all the cages in his room. Works for me and you just never know if he just might be the next Jeff Corwin ! Pay me back for all the crickets, mice and supplies we have bought over the years ! :)

Him and his reptile buddies went to the Sacramento Reptile Show today. His dad took him to the San Jose reptile show about a month ago and he just couldn't shake this one reptile he wanted to get. It's called a Timor Monitor.   It was haunting him. His dad struck a deal with him and told him if he gets this guy it will be the last reptile he ever gets living in our home. He's 13 and what do you think the chances of this happening are ? HAHA Wolfie texted me on the way home from the show and sent me a picture of what he got. I was mad at first. I didn't want him to get such a big animal....but he did. Come to find out it's a Dwarf Timor. He will only get about 24 inches long. WHEW !! LOL


Check out the claws on this dude !!  





No comments: